Monday, May 4, 2009

Carbon Monoxide & Bad Taste

Total concentration in 4000 meters!

The last preparation days of the Willow Creek youth conference shift was the most intense challenge that I experienced so far in mini-Trie. At the same time I felt I never been in my element and had so much fun at work. Monday 27 April and I've traveled from the minute I arrived at the hotel called each other my full concentration. Until the beginning of the conference on Friday afternoon we have planned changes, organized, solve problems and develop new ideas. An idea like this for example, was that we wanted to spontaneously produce another promotional video for the 2011 conference on the last day they creatively to say. By Keith Cote, my producer colleagues from Chicago, we had the crazy idea of the conference at a to announce Falschirmsprung. This is crazy and that is why it has inspired me! Everything is possible! So I spontaneously booked a jump at the airport and am hingesprintet with a television crew. On the way in the car even written the text and quickly learned by heart. Locally then rotated in front of the airplane scene 1 and already we were on the plane. The idea was that I said before the jump again a set in the camera - but I had only an attempt, for the second camera man go out there and could only hold for 30 seconds. By sticking may so I am fully focused on my lines without thinking about what happened when I jumped for the first time - after all, this was my first jump! The door opened, I heard myself, and it already had happened: 60sec. Free fall!! Geil! Hammer! What a kick! Once at the bottom, we went right back on the phone organizing the exhibition hall to Nuremberg. When my wife Sandy was me two hours later on the phone asked how the jump, I just said, "What jump?". I had actually forgotten! Our work-rate during the conference was so fast that this event to me, "flew by" and I had no time to think about it. I feel so stressed and excited I was never :-)

Here is the finished video as it was shown at the conference ... (Click to play)

0 comments:

Post a Comment